Counts, measures, or weighs articles to verify contents of shipments against bills of lading, invoices, or storage receipts.
• Responsible for unloading all trucks, containers and small parcel carriers (UPS, FedEx, etc) of inbound freight.
• Responsible for the unit, carton and box count of each shipment, following all Policies and Procedures for damages and discrepancies before signing off and releasing drivers.
• Responsible for appropriate staging and processing of freight, product, returns, supplies and sorting units by Vendor/PO.
• Report any issues or discrepancies to Receiving Coordinator, filling out appropriate paperwork and following up on held product.
• Daily cleanup of receiving area and warehouse.
• Punctual and regular attendance is a job requirement.
• Other duties assigned as needed.
• Must achieve and maintain a productivity level of 24 license plates per hour, while maintaining a 100% accuracy level.
• Maintain 100% inventory accuracy.
• If quotas are not maintained, employees will be given a PIP (Performance Improvement Plan). If goals and objectives are not met in the designated time, re-evaluation and possible termination could occur.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• High school diploma or GED required.
• One year of warehouse experience, with receiving, pulling or stocking experience required.
SKILLS & CERTIFICATION
• Ability to excel in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to read, write and to count accurately.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent follow-up and follow-through skills, with superior attention to detail.
• Basic computer skills.
• Understand all units of measure: inner packs, case sizes and quantities, shipping units.
• Forklift certification a plus.
• Ability to move and handle merchandise weighing 0-125 lbs. Ability to lift up to 50 lbs, and up to 125 lbs with assistance.
Typical Physical Demands:
• Requires prolonged standing, bending, stooping and twisting of body. Frequently reaching above head with arms and hands, feeling, fingering and grasping. Requires normal manual dexterity sufficient to operate a computer keyboard and calculator. Requires normal range of hearing and vision and requires being able to see small writing at a limited distance. Subject to extreme cold and hot temperatures.
• Number Accuracy (timed).